Monday, January 3, 2011

The Year of the Clean Cruzes

I am not one for New Years resolutions. Goals are good but no arbitrary date should dictate when a goal and a plan should be implemented. As they are traditionally, resolutions seem to serve no purpose than to set people up for failure. That being said, here's a list of our plans and goals for the upcoming year. Not resolutions. Merely things we hope to do.

1) After spending 2 days last week completely cleaning and organizing our house (including the laundry room and linen closet), I hope we can maintain this state of tidiness. It won't be easy but at least everything has a place and that's a starting point.

2) I'd like to compete this year in the Shamrock run (not sure if 8k or 15k), the Warrior Dash again as well as another comparable race.

3) Disney World - October 2011

4) Watch all episodes of Glee I haven't seen.

5) Swim lessons and soccer for the kids.

6) Siena starts kindergarten in September!

7) Get the waverunner out more than twice this summer.

That's what 2011 looks like for us.

Last week we spent 3 days at the beach. It didn't stop raining one minute we were there. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time. However, I didn't think anyone would be interested in pictures of us shopping at Walmart. I wanted to keep up my workouts while at the coast so I attempted a barefoot run on the beach. It was so cold that I couldn't feel the blisters forming on my toes. 4 large blood blisters later, I learned that there are some things Baywatch didn't teach us.

We spent New Years eve with our friends the DeCiccos as we have the last several years. We had dinner and played games. Again like usual, I was in bed by 12:30.

Apologies for the lack of pictures this blog. The rain didn't provide much in the way of photo ops. Nor did board games and blisters. Or cleaning for that matter.

Back to work tomorrow. One week didn't feel like enough but after 2 weeks and a day, I'm finally ready to reenter the work force.

1 comment:

cousin Craig said...

You have to run on the dry loose sand when you're barefoot. The wet sand is like concrete.