Sunday, January 30, 2011

So 2 Jehovahs Witnesses Came to the Door...

And since I can't tell anyone no, we are now converted. Okay, not really. Well, the part about them coming to the door happened. It was timely in a sense in that the kids have actually started asking questions about what God is and, where do you start with that one. Do you have 5 hours to spare kids?

Admittedly, aside from weddings, funerals, and a baptism or 2, Luis and I haven't stepped foot in a church in years. This is not so much because of lack of belief as it is disenchantment with organized religion. However, we want the kids to be able to make their own decisions about such things as religious beliefs.

My parents weren't churchgoers either, for their own reasons. However, they let me go with Grandma Kinney to the Seventh Day Adventist Church she attended so I could determine for myself what I thought about it. I lost respect when they started preaching that Saturday was blessed, Sunday was bad. I knew I had very nice friends that went to church on Sundays and that whole theory was flawed.

But I digress. The Witnesses gave me paraphenalia which includes some childrens' Bible stories so that can't hurt and will at least give them a better awareness of Christianity than their dad and I have provided at this point.

And yes, not much else happened this weekend. Year end reporting starts next week and we're a person down. Wish me luck or should I say "say a little prayer for me"...

1 comment:

PollyCrackers said...

what are you basically say?am not a baptize Jehovah witness but that's where i believe i belong to and brought up in as a child.i had been to many other christian organization but i didn't like them as much.on my dad side of the family they are all Adventist,so i guess i would make a difference since am not one..i stand out!