Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mason's Cruz-in...The Herbie Edition

Today was Mason's 4th Birthday party. If you're a bit confused given the previous blog, we decided to do Mason's party on a weekend that wasn't a holiday. Unfortunately Mason's been fighting the same flu this weekend that I had last week and was a little under the weather. Every time the subject of his party came up, though, he said he "felt good!!!!" so the party continued with the help of Children's Tylenol.

My uncle Craig rescued a baby bird from his yard yesterday and brought it in a box to show the kids. Mason got a kick out of petting it:




Apparently everyone we know had kids in the last year. Here's my mom with Tyler, my good friend Sarah's nephew. His grandma is Mrs. Bell, for all of us that were in her kindergarten class back in the day.






Here is Sharon with "Baby G"...Giada for the non-homies. She is very mellow and quite a cutie.




This is my sister-in-law Mandy with our niece...baby Tristan.







Aaahhh, the official Herbie cake. No, you cannot procure a Herbie cake in the city of Portland. We got the "tres leches" cake from our favorite Mexican bakery and Mason's mommy provided the cake decorating. Yes, I dazzled all with my first stab at cake decor. Luis commented that he had no idea I was so domestic. I'm not. The things we do for our children...





Me and the Bubba during the "Happy Birthday" singing moment. Mason's happy. I noticed that its time to get my hair cut.











And eating said cake...








And above is Mr. Ryder. I think he was having a better time than his facial expression dictates.





Mason got lots of cars for his birthday, and he couldn't be happier. Not sure where the car thing came from. All Luis and I think about cars are what will get us from point A to point B. For Mason, on the other hand...cars are EVERYTHING.









He seemed to enjoy the Etch-A-Sketch too though. Its always good to see the classics coming back.












Siena in Mason's Speed Racer helmet. She may need this more than him...










After such a wild and crazy event, you may wonder what the Cruzes do for the big after-party. Well, here it is:

Siena...living it up on the ride home...



And Mason...showing his sister how its done...



And how do I recover from such an event...I sit with a big glass of wine and blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since red eye reduction technology is widely available I'm forced to assume many of the people photographed are possessed by demons, but that's cool. I'm not judging.