Monday, June 9, 2008

Oh my...I'm a soccer mom!

Well, I've finally come out of my mucus haze to post this weekend's pictures. Since Saturday consisted entirely of me lying on the couch with my head over the humidifier (ala Carol Brady on the Brady Bunch for all my fellow Brady nerds), I did not capture any portion of that day photographically. It may seem that I'm often ill. I am. I'm told that's due to having kids in day care and that it will pass once they're older. I sure hope so because I'm starting to think I'm trapped in a bad Michael Crichton novel.

Anyway, along with snot, life goes on. Mason had his first ever soccer practice yesterday and of course I was on hand to capture the moment for blogdom. Here he is in action:


I'd have to say the little dude did great - and I'm not just a biased mommy (okay, that's not entirely true). He seemed to take to it though and even wanted to continue kicking the ball around after practice. He wouldn't even take his uniform (aka the red t-shirt) off all day. Becks has nothing on this kid.

The match contined at YaYa's (Grandma Jan) yard later that evening. There was even footage captured of YaYa running and kicking the ball. Yes, we were all astonished. If we can secure said footage, I'll be sure to post it for posterity. That's Toby the dog running around as though on a speed high.
Siena helped herself to the fish food and proceeded to feed the fish in YaYa's pond. They get excited when they see her...they know food of some sort is forthcoming.


My cousin Lucinda was in town for the weekend so she and Annette and Walt were at YaYa's for dinner as well. Lucinda and Luis are playing with Mason's birthday gift.

And Annette and Siena read a book together...


And after being harassed by the Cruz kids for a couple hours, Toby hid under a pillow...

This is Siena laughing at the video of YaYa running around playing soccer...









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just wanted to say this is a great blog! The kids are just precious! This reminds me of the Brady episode where the boys were playing football, and Joe Namath's car broke down nearby so he played catch with the boys. That Joe! I could tell you some stories!

Anonymous said...

Nice job keeping the blog updated those are some great pictures. Although next time maybe you could get a picture of the dog's face?