Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mama's Day

It's been a couple of busy weekends for the Cruzes.  Last weekend we made our first visit to John's Incredible Pizza with Mason's school friend Kiave.  John's is like Pietro's on acid.  There's all kinds of games, rides, and pizza.  At least 20 kinds of pizza, including macaroni and cheese and chicken alfredo pizza.  Needless to say, after this much fun and excitement, we got home late and I was too tired to blog.

Yesterday we went to Oaks Park for a birthday party for one of Mason's friend's from school.  I got some pictures of the kids skating at the park but they were on my phone and for some reason, despite all the techonolgy in the world, I can't get the pictures from the phone to the computer.  Even though the phone is connected to the computer!  Grrrrr...

Anyway, today is Mother's Day!  We started the day off by going to breakfast with the Cruzes.  We got to the restaurant at 10 am.  Apparently this restaurant was completely unprepared to deal with Mother's Day, because we didn't get our food until after 11.  Hence the plethora of pictures...
Mason got his hands on the camera and took a number of pictures too.  And he didn't do too bad!  Here's Tia Mandy, cousin Andre, and cousin Tristyn.

Abuela Gloria and Siena.

Me and my baby!  The necklace I'm wearing is my gift from Siena for Mother's Day.  She picked it our herself and I LOVE it.  Mason got me an awesome clock which I also love.  They are so good at picking out special presents.

A good picture of Daddy being goofy!

Siena with Tio Junior.

Siena took this picture of me with Roberto.
Another Siena special.  This time its Mason.
The boys.
The grandkids.

The grandparents and grandkids.  Except Mason.  He was done with pictures by this time.

After breakfast, I celebrated Mother's day with my own Mother.  Papa Ron watched the kids and mom and I went shopping together.  We found wedding and wedding shower gifts for my cousin Amanda.  Mom picked out a purse, which I got her for Mother's day.  I found myself some shoes too.  We also found some clothes for the kids to wear to Amanda's wedding.  Here's a preview.  Don't they look amazing!

The kids had a great time with Papa Ron.  They got all of their clothes out of their closet and played store.  Mason also set up all of his cars in the kitchen for display.  Beautiful, aren't they...

2 comments:

cousin Craig said...

Those clothes are great! They look sort of retro like the roaring 20's. Is the wedding being done in period costume? That'd be kind of cool.

cousin Craig said...

Nothing says "Happy Mother's Day" quite like sports memorabilia.