Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ginger Rogers, Eat Your Heart Out!

The week began with the most classic Siena meltdown to date.  It all started Monday night when she didn't eat enough dinner to earn dessert (that's the deal - yes, we resort to bribery).  After uttering inaudibles for several minutes, she came out with "I'm Siena and I'm a POOPY head".  Luis and I looked at each other, laughed, and figured she's on step 1.

On Tuesday, Mason had his annual Jog-a-thon at school.  He surprised me yet again this year by banging out 9 laps.  He said he would have done 12 but ran out of time.  As it is, he ran over 2 miles. 

The Mason studliness continued on Saturday. He's been playing soccer off and on for 3 years now and, up until Saturday, had yet to score a goal.  He was due.  Well, he delivered.  Not only did he net one goal but a little while later, got his second!  2 in one game!  He was so happy and we were so proud.

After soccer, the kids set up a toy store in our front yard.  Unfortunately they had no customers.  That's probably good because I'm not sure what they would have done if someone had actually wanted to buy their stores.

This morning I ran a 5K titled "Hill Heaven".  By heaven, the organizer misspelled "hell".  Okay, it wasn't that bad but there were a lot of hills.  All in all, good run.

As if that wasn't enough for one Sunday, Siena had her spring dance recital.  This time, she danced 2 songs!  One was ballet, the other hip hop.  Here's the Me, Myself, and I hip hop performance! And for the grandparents that can't recognize their own grandchild, she's third from the right.



After dance, we went to our family's favorite restaurant, Sushiland.  Course, Siena was still in her hip hop clothes.  This is not dissimilar from looks I sported when I was her age.

Siena took this picture of me accosting Mason with a big wet kiss.

I also got to work on some artwork this weekend.  With each one, I'm figuring out what works and what doesn't.  Lots of trial and error.  I'm sure Cousin Craig will have an opinion on this one.

4 comments:

cousin Craig said...

I'm glad you took that second picture of Siena in her hip hop outfit so I could use the pink hair thing to pick her out in the dance recital. Once I figured it out she was really good. Unlike the other little girls. Losers.

cousin Craig said...

You didn't really say much about your art which you've obviously been keeping some kind of big secret so I can't really comment. Once you've grown secure enough in your work to completely bare your soul as an artist, I'll have plenty of opportunities to make fun of you. Look forward to it!

Papa Ron said...

Okay, I know we're the grandparents and are expected to know these things but exactly which one is Siena? We've got it narrowed down to perhaps two or three...

cousin Craig said...

She's third in from the right not including the older girl. How can you not tell that? Ron and Jan meet Siena you've probably seen her around some family gatherings.