Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wii Rock!

I would have blogged last week but I was still recovering from the fright of having THIS directly above my head as I was relaxing on the couch watching tv one evening.

Midway through Amazing Race Luis shouted "GET OFF THE COUCH! GET OFF THE COUCH!!" I complied. Then I looked up. The camera doesn't do it justice. This was a spider out of Animal Planet. It could have consumed a small cat.

Okay, the spider incident is 100% real but the real reason I didn't blog was due to a nasty sinus infection that left me less than enthusiastic about engaging in computer time. Not as exciting as the spider.

Siena has had more success on the potty this week. We no longer had a week's worth of laundry that looked like it belonged to the Duggar family...just a normal amount for a little girl.



First, Luis turned 33 on Tuesday. He's been asking for a Wii ever since playing with his brother Jr's over Christmas. I kept putting him off but to surprise him on his birthday, that's what I got him. It was a surprise and we love it! Course we don't just go for the Wii...we go for the whole Guitar Hero Rock Band!!! Oh yeah.



The kids like the Wii too...with a little practice,

this will soon be Mason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2usjj46Ek

Siena was briefly relegated to guitar (my instrument of choice) but when Mason wasn't looking, she took to the drums too. And she sang. This will be her soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dJUnh6N8-U less the eating disorder, of course.


Saturday night we had dinner at my parents with the Walker clan. The kids rode bikes. Here's Siena. We call her "Dark Helmet."



Barb and Mom with their babies! Toby was really into little Harley. Really. A little too much. Down Toby. Cold shower Toby.

Ryder and Kaden check out the tractor, which seems to have flipped its lid. This looks like something out of the Cars movie now...

How many kids can you fit into a footstool?!?

So Luis and I spent the better part of the weekend as rock stars. We've officially passed the "easy" level. I will be picturing the colored notes as I go to sleep tonight...green...green...yellow...red...green........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playing the chimes in a tank top is at least a 3 on the gay o meter. Just kidding actually that was a nice departure from the lone female dreariness you usually share.

Karen Carpenter? Really? I'm pretty sure Siena won't be nearly lame enough to be Karen Carpenter when she grows up. Here's a better choice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zskw3mCQFL4

The drummer isn't really obvious in this video, but I went with a Dolly Parton cover because I know how you love country.

Anonymous said...

So what did you guys do with the spider?

EVANS said...

The good thing about getting the Guitar Hero equipment is that you can use the instruments to play Rock Band II. The flip is not true. You cannot play GH with the RB instruments (on the Wii).

If you ever have the Evans clan over to play a few gigs, I call dibs on anything but the mic. Believe me (or Heidi) -- listening to me try to belt out "Livin' on a Prayer" is an exercise in music depreciation, particularly when Mr. Jovi bumps it up an octave in the second half.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi8KdTk0u0gwas thinking more like this:

EVANS said...

You know, you COULD have held a quarter up there next to the spider to give us a sense of scale on the picture.

That would have done the picture justice, huyyup.

EVANS said...

Late, but still timely. Here's a grown up Ellia on the drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qD7d43RMgM

(Cindy Blackman, drummer for Lenny Kravitz.)