Sunday, March 8, 2009

Luis Got Tagged By A Grannie Fart!!!

No, it wasn't a YaYa fart! I know that's my MOTHER you were thinking about!

Losing an hour on a Sunday sucks! Lets get that out of the way at the start. That being said, we had a nice family weekend at YaYa and Papa Ron's place at the beach. Luis and I had a goal on this weekend to eat at places we hadn't tried before. Neither of us had dined at Kyllo's (mainly because the line always looks intimidatingly long) so we did lunch there. It was good but not as filling as we would have hoped for our $30. We pilfered from the kids' uneaten leftovers.

The kids LOVE playing on the beach. She may look sweet and pensive but that particular scoop of sand Siena is holding is about 1 second from getting chucked at me as I was taking the picture. I got a good picture though! That's the dedication I have to this blogging endeavour.

The kids, working on their sand masterpieces...
Once the sand sculpting was done, Siena and Luis headed for the safe confines of the great indoors but Mason wanted to do some rock climbing. He's pretty agile on those rocks. that was one of my favorite things to do as a kid too. Guess the proverbial apple doesn't fall all that far...
This is how my kids play with Hot Wheels. The word "anal" comes to mind...or perhaps traffic jam.
Brotherly and sisterly togetherness. Mason didn't take his coat off all day. I think he was afraid that if he did, we wouldn't leave again. This was just before a tasty dinner at Gracie's Sea Hag. I highly recommend the crab and shrimp al graten, which I ordered. Luis stuffed sole was good too but he wished he had ordered what I did. Oh, and the kids were thrilled with their mac and cheese.
I should mention that Mason dressed himself this morning. He had his coat on before we saw how he did and left it on all day until after dinner. Turns out "Houston, we have a problem..." Well, its the effort that counts, right?
So after an unearthly early wakeup call (from the kids), we headed to our favorite breakfast place - The Spouting Horn. So much for trying new places although, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The weather broke about the time we got to Depoe Bay and the waves were incredible. There was even a rainbow...
I had to take a couple of pictures. You don't get to see scenes like this every day.
The Spouting Horn was the site of Luis' grannie fart. While he was sitting, minding his own business, sipping some coffee, an overweight elderly woman behind him stood to leave and cut one directly in his face. Course, Luis first blamed Mason until realizing what had happened. I think he lost his appetite for a good stretch of time.
A good weekend was had by all. Since we spent so much of our weekend Wii time at the beach enjoying some so called "family time," Luis and I tried to squeeze a little in this afternoon. As a result, this blog took me about 4 hours to draft. The sacrifices I make for my art...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 3d art is cool. Here is some stuff that I also think is cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuGaqLT-gO4

The beach looked like a good time.