Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bracket Bust

I know. Its been 2 weeks again. No, I have not lost my dedication for my blog. I've been busy. The good news (work wise) is the 10K was filed last week. Now I can have a life again until May when we are busy again with first quarter reporting. Darn SEC...course, at least it keeps me employed.

Last weekend we hit Old Chicago for Joel's birthday party. I drank black and tans and ate a lot of Chicago style pizza. It was a double Pepcid night for me.

Mason and Trystyn are good pals...
Siena always has a good time.
Sunday, I battled taxes. 2007 taxes. After receiving a nasty-gram from the IRS, I attempted to prepare an amended 2007 return through Turbo Tax. Easier said than done. After 2.5 hours of misery and angst, I gave up and hit the Wii...

At least we had some good Mexican food with Yaya and Papa Ron.

I also partook again in the annual tradition of the March Madness bracket. I always start out each Thursday morning before the games start with such high hopes for this years bracket. By the end of the weekend (aka now), its all but over (thank you Wake Forest). In fairness, I'm in the middle of the pack but I sure don't have much luck.
Last night we went over to the Evanses for Dan's b-day. We all had a great time. The kids all got to play together and the grown-ups got to play together (Wii again - Heidi and Dan are rockin' nerds like us).
Heidi made a fabulous turkey dinner. I think Berren liked the jam better than anything else though.
We rocked so long into the night that the kids stayed up a whole 2 hours past their bedtime. Mason is doing great today but Siena has already had 2 naps. Guess we wore her out.
The only problem with the Wii is that I haven't figured out how to take pictures while playing. At least I was able to get a cute shot of Heidi and her babies. Ellia had her shirt off for a good 2 hours. In her defense though, it was a little warm upstairs with tall the drumming and my off-key vocals.

I'd post more but its time for me to go watch some team I picked in my bracket to lose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pictures of the birthday boy?

cousin Craig said...

Rock Bottom, the company that owns Old Chicago Pizza, does Rock Bottom brew pubs out here. I think I've been but don't remember if it was any good.