Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summering

I may be a week or two behind in blog updates, but that doesn't mean we've been doing nothing.  Instead, we've been enjoying the sun, the river, and the city.

Last weekend Luis and I went with my parents, Ron and Lucie, and Brian and Debbie to see the show Jersey Boys.  If you're not familiar with Jersey Boys, here's a couple minute montage that gives you a good idea.  The music and the performance were amazing and we had a great time.  We also had a nice dinner afterward.


We finally got our waverunner out for a ride last Sunday as well.  It had been a long year's wait and we had a great time out on the river.  

After another busy week of swim lessons, soccer practices, and a bee sting (for me), we were ready to enjoy another sunny weekend.  The kids had a sleepover at Yaya and Papa Ron's Thursday and Friday and Luis and I took the opportunity to play.  We had a nice Italian dinner out Friday night.  Yesterday morning we worked out together, then took the waverunner out again for several hours (the perfect way to enjoy a 100 degree day) and then had dinner up at my parents to pick up the kids.

Today was the annual Fairoaks Neighborhood Block Party.  Here's some sites from the block party:




Yup, water balloons.
Water balloon tossing instructions from dad.  It's worth noting that Luis and I were the Champions of the grown up balloon toss contest.
Map of the 'hood.
The neighborhood kids got to draw their portraits on the wall.

I discovered when I uploaded the pictures that at some point in the day, Siena got a hold of my camera and took some self portraits.  They made me laugh so I included a few of them.





The kids spent the last hour playing with a hose.  It was a hit!

No comments: