Sunday, December 12, 2010

You Take the Good, You Take the Bad...

Thanks to getting the 10Q filed last week, I was able to take Friday off from work. Course, the main reason I needed to take Friday off from work was that I hit our time off limit so it was a take it or lose it situation. I wasn't about to squander the opportunity though. Mason had school and Siena had her day with Yaya so Luis and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was great. Course, now we have to wait 6 months for the second installment.

Yesterday my dad and I went down to Corvallis to watch Travis and the Timberwolves in the 6A state championship football game. It was a very rainy day but the rain held off pretty well during the game. Here's a shot of the stadium from the upper seats out of the rain where we watched the first half of the game.

Here come the Wolves!
Unfortunately the game didn't go as we all had hoped. 4 Tualatin turnovers in the first half pretty much did them in. Here's some concerned spectators - dad, Joanne, and Amanda.
Doug is trying to hold out some hope. It's pretty tough after an undefeated season to see them struggle, especially when we all knew they were a better team than they were playing.
Here's Travis warming up after halftime. They scored 2 TD's in the third quarter to bring the score within 11. That got the Tualatin crowd excited. Unfortunately Aloha tightened up on defense and pulled away for the win.
Here's the Tualatin team after the loss. It was sad to see them lose but amazing that they were able to get that far. It was still an amazingly successful season and as bummed as I know they are today, they should still feel very proud.
Gloria and Jose and going to Puerto Rico next week for the Holidays. As such, they gave the kids their presents a few days ago and they are now sitting under the tree. This is brutal for poor Siena who wants to bad to open that gift. It's as though it's taunting her. Every day she asks "now can I open my present" to which I have to respond, "no, it's not Christmas yet".
I've recently discovered my new favorite thing. Glee. I LOVE everything about this show from the story, the songs, and the crazy cheerleader coach. Here's the cast performing "Don't Stop Believing"...I could watch this over and over. Yup, I am a Gleek.

As good as that is, I also came across this disaster last week. Tonya Harding, Katarina Witt, George Wendt, Pam Anderson, are you kidding me? This is like the B list of 90's celebrities. And they're singing! Apparently it was some sort of Norwegian commercial. All I can say is Uff Duh.

Siena has her dance recital tonight after which I have to hop on a plane to San Francisco for CPE early next week. Of course we'll have an update on the recital but I wasn't sure when I'd be able to update the blog being out of town so consider this blog to be continued...

1 comment:

cousin Craig said...

Bad news about the Thistle Warts. At least you got to see Harry Potter. Harry is so polite isn't he?