Sunday, December 5, 2010

Most Amazing Football Weekend EVER!

It was a rare weekend in the land of Kris' fandom. Generally the teams I follow and root for, well, don't win. Case in point, Seahawks and Mariners. If there was a picture in the dictionary for perennial mediocrity, these 2 franchises would be it. The Blazers, I don't even want to talk about them today with their 6 game losing streak. Therefore, it was with nervousness and trepedation that I turned on the Oregonlive play by play as my alma mater, Tualatin High School, took the field Friday night against Jesuit. Jesuit is the local high school I despise most but lets not get into that.

I graduated Tualatin High more than a few moons ago as part of the school's first graduating class. We attended Tigard High our sophomore year of HS at which time our class was divided in half with half staying at Tigard and the other half attending the new Tualatin High School. There were no seniors during our junior year and, as such, we didn't win much of anything. By senior year, we had our feet under us but since it was a new school, we lacked some of the tradition and excitement of an establised school. Regardless, that's my school and I've always rooted for them. This is especially the case this year with my youngest cousin Travis being a part of the team. I was a senior in high school was a senior in high school when Travis was born but I digress.

So there I was with the computer pulled up periodically pausing my rented Season 1 of Glee to check in on the status of the game. Luis was working and the kids were in bed so it was just me and the cat. There were mere minutes to go as I saw that Tualatin scored a big TD to get the lead. Then they got a big sack on Jesuit's QB, causing a fumble which Tualatin recovered. They knelt the ball and scored a ticket to the State Championship game next Saturday in Corvallis. We'll be there!

Here's some pictures of Travis throughout this season, courtesy of some nice soul on Facebook. The fan club will be there in force next weekend!























Need I also mention that the Oregon Ducks are playing for their first National Championship? Are you kidding me?!? The same Ducks I've been watching and cheering for over the last 20+ years?!? Yippeeeee!!!
When we weren't watching or thinking about football, we mostly hung out at home. It was a nice weather weekend so the kids and I went for a walk yesterday though the neighborhood. Today we went to a roller skating birthday party. It's the first time Mason and Siena had ever skated. Siena picked it up pretty quick, helped I think by the dance lessions she's taken teaching her some balance and coordiation. Mason improved as he continued but it was challenging. Fun party though. With the close nit community of parents and kids and Mason's school, we are invited to a number of b-day parties and events and feel very fortunate to have been able to make some good friends and have these opportunities.
Happy 10Q filing week to all and to all a good night.

No comments: