Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Random Weekend in September

Siena has been back in dance lessons for the last 3 weeks. Amazingly she is able to do things she couldn't do a mere 3 months ago. It's amazing how kids can change and grow in a short period of time. Course, her teacher told me at the end of class that Siena requested Justin Bieber's "Enie Meenie Miney Moe Lover" song. I went home and immediately uploaded some new, quality songs on the kids' iPod playlist.

We went to dinner at Yaya and Papa Ron's house Saturday evening. It was such a beautiful September day that the kids played outside and we all tried to enjoy the sunshine. Mason set up his "fort" outside. Cars on top of the toilet box, pillow and blankets underneath. Not sure where the pose came from.

Siena requested a bath at Yaya's, which is good as she spent the previous hour playing in dirt. Mason decided to join her. After an hour in the tub, she was the cleanest girl in the state.
We didn't do a whole lot today. Lots of football watching and fantasy football sobbing (on my part at least).

I spent some time attacking the dirt in the backyard with Round Up and Caseron so all my efforts earlier in the year aren't for naught once the rain starts falling in earnest.

The kids helped me big time in cleaning their playroom today. Look how nice it looks! We could hardly walk in it when we started. I think they're starting to realize that it's much more fun to play with stuff when you have space and you can see what you've got.

We had dinner tonight at one of our old Woodstock haunts, Mickey Finn's. Some of you may recall Mickey Finn's - it's where Luis and I had our rehearsal dinner. Anyway, one of the drawbacks of working out daily and running a lot of miles is this insatiable hunger. As such, I ordered the "Royal Humpy". The Royal Humpy is a hamburger with ham, cheese, an egg, bacon, and veggies. A.k.a. a gut bomb. Needless to say, I'm no longer hungry. However, I did have to come home and pop a Pepcid. Uff duh.

1 comment:

cousin Craig said...

I like the new design! Classy.