Monday, September 20, 2010

Green Pastures

Thanks to the gluttony of rain over the last week, our dried out, brown grass has been effectively restored its green. In addition to getting drenched at the Warrior Dash last Sunday, I got totally soaked playing flag football on Wednesday and again running on Saturday. What's sad about the Saturday drenching was that not a drop of rain had fallen all day until 5 minutes into my run. Any more of this and I'll be a prune.



Saturday night we went to Jay B. and Chandra's new house to celebrate my aunt Mary Lou's birthday. Unfortunately for Auntie Lou, she threw out her back several days ago so she wasn't feeling too hot. We tried to help her celebrate as best we could regardless.

Little Rory was so cute waddling around. She was also fascinated looking at this picture of herself on my camera. She stared at it for a good 5 minutes in awe.
Mason couldn't resist posing for the camera. Not sure where he learned the rocker horns though...

The kids found some instruments and put them to loud use. Here's little drummer girl before being relegated to the play room.

Berren thoroually enjoyed the wildberry gelato ice cream. Joker anyone?
Aside from the birthday party, we did a lot of staying around the house and watching football (collective sob for the whooping PSU endured).
As such, I proudly bring you:
Scenes from the Cruz House
(no, this probably isn't as exciting as it sounds)

Tommy D doing what he does best...napping on the couch. He has to enjoy whatever quiet time he can get without the kids accosting him.
Mason worked hard to set up a "car museum" for his Hot Wheels. Meanwhile, I searched the house top to bottom for the box of Lego's my mom held onto from when I was a kid to pass onto my kids. They're searching their house too but for now the location of aforementioned Legos remains a mystery.
Mason made a really cool card for Auntie Lou for her birthday which inspired the kids to play "mail" yesterday. This consists of using all of our household envelopes to deliver cute pictures and notes to friends and family. Mason made me this birthday card (who cares if it's a few weeks early). The front said "34" (how did he know how old I was going to be) and the inside he did all himself. He's a great little drawer (e.g. the flowers). He drew some really good balloons and a airplane for Auntie Lou too.
The perpetual state of our living room - aka Siena's domain. These are her dress up dolls and their million component parts. Sigh. I give up keeping this house clean. Besides, they're kids. They need to play with their stuff.
Here is the super cute kitty cat Siena drew me in her "mail" to me. He looks a bit like an old time bank robber in a mask...
And here's a sight you never want to come home to...
Broken dryer that is filled with my clothes. Another sob.

1 comment:

cousin Craig said...

PSU made a solid case for a mercy rule last week. Too bad the game didn't go on another hour. I thought their offense was just starting to get rolling.