Sunday, August 22, 2010

Run Cruzer Run!

I said we were going to do a lot this weekend but I guess that's not entirely true. The interesting part should be when Luis takes the kids camping for a night next week. I told him he needs to take a lot of pictures. I'm sure there will be stories.

Saturday night we went out to dinner with our friends Chris and Sharon. We met them at Deschutes Brewery downtown. Sharon and I partook in a beer flight in which we got to choose 6 beers to sample in cute little 4 oz increments. My favorite proved to be the Graveyard Stout - bottom left.

Deschutes has very good food, especially for a brewpub. I had a pasta dish with homemade pasta which was incredible. I'll definitely be back for more of that.

Here's Sharon and Chris. Their daughter was at a pajama party at her daycare. Our kids were playing at McDonalds with Jose and Gloria.

I signed up for a challenge at the gym to run 100 miles between 8/16 - 9/24. In that spirit, I ran 11 miles this weekend, 17 on the week. I think I need to average around 20 per week to make this happen but I'll do 3 weekdays next day which should make the numbers work. This is assuming I can drag my rear out of bed to do these runs. As it is now, I'm just hungry all the time.