Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's All Fun and Games

I'm another year older and, as Cousin Craig was kind enough to point out, getting older means you're not dead. With that in mind, I welcome year 33.

On Wednesday night, Siena came down with a cold and couldn't sleep because she was too stuffy. In our 3 AM zombie-like state, neither Luis or I quite figured out that that was what was keeping her up so we missed out on 3-4 hours of sleep. How do you spend a day after a night like that? Go to work and then Chuck-E-Cheese (for nephew Andre's b-day party).

Luis was in charge of the gift. He bought it but this is how he left it for me to wrap - transformers and a Christmas gift bag in the car. Men wonder how they get the reputation they have...
At Chuck-E-Cheese, Joel and Tristyn check out the Pizza-time singers.
Tristyn also gives the little merry-go-round a whirl. My kids were running around all over the place but at least I could keep up with Tristyn.
Here's the birthday boy with his people...
Grandpa Jose tries out the crown...
So does Mason. Its hard to see the scratches above his right eye (he wouldn't let me get a better picture) but that's where his sister decked him with a book moments before we picked them up to come here. The rough day continued. Mason looked like he had gone 3 rounds in the UFC.
Siena got so excited playing, she didn't bother to mention that she needed to pee. We went home after this. You've just gotta know when to call it a day.
This weekend was nice and low-key. The kids had soccer yesterday. Today they played the Cars game on the Wii. Here's their official gaming set-up.

Apologies for not fixing the red eye but I've gotta go jump in the shower so we can go to Yaya and Papa Ron's for dinner.








4 comments:

cousin Craig said...

I didn't say that! Well, not exactly. Yes, that was the gist, but it's missing the wonderfulness I instill in all my statements.

cousin Craig said...

Kudos to you Siena! Toilets are for suckers! You're a young happening girl with an active lifestyle, and that's 2 maybe 3 minutes out of your hectic day. And on a hot day that cool wet feeling is just the ticket!

Anonymous said...

Great photojournaling, Kris. And you Cruzes rock doing the Beatles!

Mary Lou Ham said...

That comment was from me, not Anonymous...