Sunday, October 4, 2009

Get This Snot Out!

I know! I know! This is 2 weeks late! We got home late last Sunday night and I had planned to blog on Monday after work. Then another sinus infection happened (insanely boring details to follow) which left me with no desire to look at a computer. So, this is the 2 week blog. There are lots of pictures so hopefully that will help to make up for the delay.

So not yesterday but the Saturday before, we went to Jr. and Sara's house for a bbq. Mason and Siena LOVE playing with their cousins Andre and Kendra.
Since each of my kids were doing something goofy in each of these pictures, I'm forced to include them both.
Siena showing all how to properly relax.
Gloria, Dulcina (Sara's mom), and Jose livin' it up!
The next day, we had a big birthday party at Mary Lou and Bruce's house for Jocelyn and Berren. As if playing with Kendra and Andre isn't enough, Mason and Siena got to play with their other favorite cousin, Ellia.
Heidi and Dan have the new Beatles Rock Band so of course we had to bring over our instruments and have a big rock fest. First though, Dan has to figure out how to hook the Wii up to Mary Lou and Bruce's tv.
Ringo takes his position...
Meanwhile, the lovely Johnson ladies pose for me...not sure why Joanne is hiding behind Amanda though...
The kids are SOOOO excited for cake time. From left, b-day girl Jocelyn, Mason, Siena, Ellia, and b-day boy Berren. The big kids were on hand to help the 2 year-olds work the candles.
Jocelyn needed a little big kid help.
Family on hand - Joanne, Papa Ron, and Jay B.
Baskin Robbins ice cream cake is a big hit!!!
Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!! It's a Papa Ron MONSTER!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!
Heidi carrying Berren one-handed by the hip. These are the tricks that only mom's can come up with.
Party favors for the visiting kids...cars!!! Yaya with the assist.
Mason posed so I took the picture. Picture came out good so I included said picture.
Jay B. tries to extract doll from packaging. For my childless followers, getting toys out of the packaging is one of the most frustrating, time consuming, and impossible tasks on the planet. Even Jay B's medical training couldn't prepare him for this challenge.
There's nothing like 2 little girls playing with their cars...
Now its time to ROCK (again).
Yesterday Mason and Siena had their first soccer game of the season. For Siena, this was her first soccer game ever! (Note that they get their real jerseys next week.) Siena has been waiting so long to be able to get out and play with big brother Mason.
Mason, Daddy, and Jose take a rest between quarters.Little soccer princess takes a break. Siena did awesome in her first game. She was right in there, ran fast, got a number of good kicks and even a fast break. She's got game.
And the all important high fives at the end of the game.

Now for the sinus update:



As this is my 2nd sinus infection in 6 months, I'm ready to attack this thing with a vengence. Especially since I had to miss a flag football game because of it. This time I'm pulling out all the stops. I bought a Neti pot. This thing consists of adding water and pouring in in one nostril while it drains out the other.

After a facebook friend recommendation and some internet research, I also decided to try raw garlic. Its supposed to help prevent colds and sinus issues.
IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT IDIOT ALERT
I didn't realize that there were numerous cloves on each thing of garlic (I don't much cook) so I bought what I thought was a week's worth of garlic. I now realize I have about 2 months worth of garlic. I guess I'm committed to this experiment now.

The snot is now flowing. I can't say for sure if it was because of the Neti pot, garlic, or just the normal progression of things but its nice to be getting the gunk out.
It should be noted that Mason and Siena have been playing together ALL day today. Without fighting. Playing house. Together. No arguments. Nicely. Together. It's unbelieveable. Nicely. Together. Did I mention together? And nicely?

1 comment:

cousin Craig said...

Why don't you make something with that garlic so that it's at least useful. Go get some cold medicine for your sinuses.