Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's a Cock Fest! (shuttlecock that is)

Saturday was the annual Cock Fest. Badminton tournament, that is. This is an annual event that Luis' buddies put on. I say annual but it was skipped last year due some marital discord on the part of the host but I digress.

This was the first year I had a chance to play. In years past I was generally either pregnant, had just had a baby, or was thought to be disinterested. Or perhaps they were just afraid of my racket skills.

My teammate and I won one game and lost two so I'm guessing my skills left a little something to be desired.

Luis is a pro though. This could be because he's the only player not drinking but he still knows what he's doing.

The kids had fun hanging out too. Lots of Luis' friends have kids now too (guess we're of that age) so there were a lot of other kids and toys for them to play with.
We spent today at home which is always a nice treat, especially on weeks when I don't see much of home otherwise. Mason watched some NASCAR and Siena watched some Strawberry Shortcake so it was a good time for all.
Yaya and Papa Ron are coming soon for dinner (they're currently 7 minutes late).
MOVIE REVIEW
Miracle at St. Anna - Another WWII movie. This movie had so many plots going on at once that my brain could barely follow it. Or there were so many that I didn't really care about any of them. It also just kept going, and going, and going, and going...with flashbacks, and flashbacks, oy. It all made sense though when we got to the end and I saw that it was directed by Spike Lee. I am not a Spike Lee fan.
The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Aaahhh, finally a movie I picked out. Its hard to go wrong with Dermot Mulrony and this movie didn't disappoint. The jist of it is that the movie is about a father who gave up one of his twin kids because she had Downs Syndrome and didn't tell his wife. The nurse ended up raising the girl and the movie is basically the story of the 2 families and kids growing up. It was quite interesting and gets 2 thumbs up.

1 comment:

cousin Craig said...

The holocaust and child abandonment how can you go wrong with those subjects?