Sunday, August 23, 2009

The 7 Year Itch!!

Tomorrow Luis and I officialy celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversay. As cliche as it may sound, time has gone by soooooo fast. It seems like the wedding was just a week ago. Course, it also seems like Mason and Siena were born days ago...

Yaya and Papa Ron were brave enough to take the kids for the night Saturday day and night so Luis and I could celebrate 7 years. We went to Portland's Saturday market, ate Chinese, saw lots of cool tie-dye, and then went to Kennedy School to see Transformers.

Yes, Kennedy School is one of the McMenamins theater pubs and I no longer know why one would watch a movie anywhere else. Rather than theater seats, Kennedy school has couches and end tables. Oh, and you can enjoy a beer while watching the movie in addition to anything on their menu as well as popcorn and candy. The only thing better would be having a full screen theater in our house.

So, I managed up upload these pictures in reverse chronological order. I noticed about 2 pictures into the elbow but didn't feel like going back and fixing it so I guess my loyal fans will just have to deal with it.

Today we did a river picnic with the Cruz family. This means waverunner, steak and hot dogs. Tio Jr. brought his fishing poles too and with a couple of makeshift fishing poles, all of the kids got to hit the river and go for some fish. There's Siena's stick, er, I mean fishing pole.

Kids, uncle, and fishing poles. Jr. actually caught a couple of fish today but sent them back into the water. Not sure what's up with that. Me thinks they would have made a tasty dinner...
Luis Jose and Jose Luis enjoying some lunch...
Mason practicing with his fishing pole. Are the geese biting today???

This is last Sunday after I posted. Yaya and Papa Ron finally made it over for dinner. We went for a walk after dinner. Papa Ron tried to throw Yaya into the pond. Mason just laughed.

Here's a neighbor's front door. Yes, I am a photography maven.

Yaya loves checking out new houses. Here she is sneaking a peak in a listed house. We hope its empty at least. Its entirely possible someone called the police shortly thereafter. If HGTV is reading now, this lady needs her own show on your station!!! Soon, before she breaks any more trespassing laws.
Movie reviews:
Gran Torino - Its hard to know what to expect from Clint Eastwood movies these days. Will it be a snooze or a hit? This movie hands down was a hit. This was a great story that has not before been told. Eastwood may grunt and groan his way through the dialogue but it is entirely fitting. Great story, great twist.
Transformers - whatever part 2 is called - I have to admit the first Transformers movie exceeded my expectations. So did this one. Luis isn't thrilled that the Transformers don't look the same as they did back when he was a kid but still liked the film. I thought the movie was good too. Entertaining from beginning to end, as was the first one. These have proven to be a good series with a lot of action and humor.

Here's a cool clip from Saturday Market yesterday. A hula hooper and some kick ass bucket drummers. These guys got a pretty good following...

2 comments:

cousin Craig said...

The title of your blog is a link that takes you to... Your bog. Why does that need to be a link?

Congratulations on being married 7 years! Although that's really not a feat. It's not like you've suffered or anything. You seem to be enjoying yourselves. You kind of both just got lucky so I don't think "congratulations" are in order. You should probably congratulate me for managing to live with myself the last 7 years. I'm a complete pain in the butt. It's a miracle I haven't snapped and taken some dangerous chances with fast food bulk priced chocolate. Where's my trip to the temple of beer and cinema?!

You know using the sepia setting doesn't make the pictures "art" it just makes them sort of yellowish.

I know I shouldn't say anything because I've already complained a lot in this comment, but those people you filmed? Did someone give you money to stand there filming for that entire hour?! Yes, I know the video counter said 1 minute, but the terrible awesome power of boredom slowed time stretching it out for an entire hour! Maybe there was something interesting going on elsewhere on the square and you just had the camera pointed in the wrong direction? I could see someone thinking I could stay here and enjoy this "entertainment" or I could go shoot myself, and having a very difficult time wrestling with that decision.

Unless of course those people performing are related to you or someone who reads this in which case ha, ha, only kidding! I love the racket those buckets make and the odd "dance" stylings of the hula hoop girl!

cousin Craig said...

I meant "fast food and bulk priced chocolate" I'm not sure what "fast food bulk priced chocolate" would be, but it does sound dangerous and exciting!