Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Sniff, Sniff Top 10 List

Back by popular demand...the Cruz top ten of the week. This time I've added pictures after the myriad of complaints at the lack of pictures last time I did a top ten list.

1) Last night we had Mason and Siena's favorite dinner - SUSHI! Nope, I'm not joking. They love it. Course the only 2 things they eat is the crab salad and the egg roll. Still, makes for a tasty dinner!
2) Due to a cold (see below), I stayed home from work on Thursday. Since there is nothing on television during the day and there is a wondeful invention brought to us by our cable provider called DirectTV, I watched the first 3 episodes of Harpers Island. So far so good. I may stick with it (note that I am generally a slow and reluctant adopter of new TV shows).
3) Luis finally caved (or got tired of me asking) and hunted down the ellusive red Rudy Fernandez jersey for me. I wore it for 3 days straight. I Rudy!
4) So a month ago my brother-in-law Junior solicited me into running in the Cinco de Mayo race downtown. Fast forward to today - I ran in the race by myself. Junior wussed out. I did the 5K and ended up finishing with a time of 29:33 - 174th overall. This was out of a field of 429 total. I was 75/268 in my gender. Both are rankings and standings I feel pretty good about. I'm going to keep doing these thru the summer - hopefully 1 per month.
5) Mason is pooping like a pro! Now he just marches in there, no tears or fuss, and takes care of business. Siena does as well. The only problem we have with Siena and her pooping is that she poops what can only be described as a softball. Said softball has the tendency to clog the toilet. Yup, the youngest, smallest person in our house is the toilet-clogger.
Clearly its time that we emptied the garbage in that bathroom...
6) The Blazers playoff run is over (I didn't say that the top 10 were all good things). Game 5 in Portland was a lot of fun to watch. I tend to get worked up watching Blazer playoff basketball in ways I don't for anything else. This is also a team that is so darn likeable that its hard to not to love them.
The game 6 loss was sad, though not unexpected. I threw a pillow at the TV at one point and cussed numerous points (don't panic, kids were in bed) but they lost nonetheless. It was fun seeing them in the playoffs again and I think the saddest part for me is having to wait another 6 months to see them play again.
7) So on the advise of some iPod techie in India, Luis undertook some "project" to move all of our iTunes files to a different folder. This caused all sorts of issues to my iPod, and more importantly, my ability to download and sync my favorite podcast - Never Not Funny. Finally on about Thursday Luis got the glitch fixed and I was back in business with Jimmy and the gang (Jimmy Pardo, below, is the host).
For those unfamiliar with Never Not Funny, the format is Jimmy, his producer Matt, and a guest comedian every week basically shooting the breeze. There are no bits or contrived pieces however it is always funny and entertaining.

8) There is now a Sonic in Wilsonville! My coworkers Jay, Jonathan, and I have started making a weekly pilgramage there. Their burgeres are fabulous and I tried some sort of mango-limeaide contraption on Wednesday that was likewise quite tasty.

9) I have the swine flu. Okay, I don't. Siena though managed to pass on her cold to everyone she came in contact with over the last week and I was no exception. A week into it, it's still hanging around. Luis keeps telling me its the swine flu...
10) There was enough hail and torrential rain yesterday that we considered breaking up our deck and building an ark. It didn't come to that, fortunately, because construction is not our strong suit.

Bonus: 11) I finally watched the clip of Susan Doyle on YouTube and am now a huge fan! I'm such a sucker for these feel good stores. If you haven't seen it, here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_N9iljeMk

2 comments:

cousin Craig said...

She's not that good. I've seen uglier people who sing much better. Mick Jagger, that guy from Aerosmith, Naomi Judd, any of the BG's. And really bad song choice I think Boyle's pretty safe from the "tigers". Anyway I'm a little offended on a personal level that everyone's so surprised ugly people can sing. What else do they think we can't do? Here's a much better version of "I dreamed a dream" I'm sorry she's not uglier, but you can't have it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-IBJpEMzA

cousin Craig said...

Here's communitychannel making fun of the judges on Britain's got talent for being surprised that ugly people can do things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqMpcZtJ3W4