Sunday, May 31, 2009

What A Birthday

Wow. It would take me about a month to write about everything that went down during the last week so I won't. I think most everyone who reads the blog is pretty much familiar with what we went through and I don't know that I'm in the mood to go into it all again. The good news is Luis is home and is doing really good and that's all that matters.


So, in the midst of our most stressful week ever, Mason had his 5th birthday. That I will write about. This was the first year we have had either kids party someplace other than our house or Yaya's so it was exciting for all. Luis and his friends conviened at Bullwinkles in Wilsonville for the big event. There were plenty of games and fun to be had by all.


Here's Mason learning to play Skeeball...
And climbing through the kids play area which seemed to be everyones favorite. Mason's second cousin Berren got through this in short order, aside from occasionally getting his foot stuck in the netting.

Presents were of course a hit too. Mason got some nice new clothes, some Speed Racer toys, some other car toys, and some cool art supplies. He was a happy boy.
And of course this year we had to get him a Speed Racer ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. The car on top now is permanently parked on the shelves in Mason's room by his radio - per his request. All cars have their proper place after all.
Mason lead the crowd in the singing of the birthday song to himself...he might say La Bamba is his favorite song, but I personally think the Happy Birthday is his favorite.
This is Mason the next morning playing with the new paints his second cousins Ellia and Berren gave to him.
Siena loves them too!
The kids have painted a TON of pictures in the last few days.
Course, Mason has spent plenty of time playing with his new cars too. Here's Mason with the '57 Chevy that Yaya and Papa Ron gave him.

That's the birthday highlights. While I'm not trying to gloss over the lowlights, I do want to thank everyone for their positive thoughts and prayers this week. I know Luis does too. We're all doing good now and just getting into our routine again.

2 comments:

cousin Craig said...

So I hear Luis was a little under the weather last week, but it looks like we're moving right along to Mason's birthday extravaganza. I'm OK with that I guess for now. Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better Luis.

That Mason, and his party, he knows how to have a good time! Whenever you can get a bunch of little kids together, feed them ice cream cake and turn them loose, you are talking good times! Woot!

cousin Craig said...

Kudos to whoever's in the "Autumn Leaves" house frock from Fall 2008 Martha Stewart collection.