Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Marathon Continues

Yup, the Siena pottytraining extravaganza continues. Status same as last weekend - pee in underware leaves her completely unfazed.

We did very little noteworthy this week. I did workout 5 days. Much of my motivation comes from being such a crappy athlete as a kid - I blame DNA. Course, DNA probably could have been overcome with a bit of effort. As a kid I didn't have the diligence to do what it would have taken to be good at a sport and without natural ability to make up for it, I stunk. But I had fun.

Here's me (second white jersey from left) in 1st grade soccer. I'm the one watching the action. Somehow this shot made the Tualatin Times.

Here's 9th grade basketball. We never won a game that season. All I can focus on here are the short shorts and the bangs. It's really hard to maintain sculpted bangs when playing basketball. My legs haven't been that skinny since then either.
This is 10th grade basketball. Luckily we went 21-4. Winning was much more fun. I'm second from the right in this one. My good friend Laura is far right. The shorts are still short. I remember shoving pillows in this uniform to try to stretch it out.
The above was my last year playing basketball. I think most all of my other sports pictures must be at my parents house. Or I burned them in disgrace. At the very least, these days I'm more willing to run hard and push it since I understand the importance and the good things that can come of it. Aaahhh, the benefits of hindsight.
I was never forced by my parents to do sports. They let me participate as much or as little as I wanted to. I liked it. I plan to do the same with Mason and Siena. As long as they like it and are having fun, they can play. I may at least impart a little bit of my hindsight though...they can take it or leave it.
To continue (or conclude) the great MCC country saga, MCC describes herself as a slasher (country/folk/rock). The reader can decide for themselves. Here are a few of my favorites:
The Hard Way CMT Finale w/ Betty Buckley and more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf7dn4VrYXs&feature=related
Are you still with me Craig?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was not "basketball player" hair. What happened in your 10th grade picture did they lose color technology for a year?

You managed 2 of 4 non country songs, and your dad managed 1 so she's only country almost all the time. When she's not country the song is so slow I'm not sure it hasn't become a poetry recital. I almost hit my head on the coffee table on that song Uncle Ron linked when I nearly passed out from boredom at the 1:26 mark. "Twist and Shout" was OK till she landed from her dramatic jump then then it went downhill pretty fast. Anytime a woman with hair that large introduces the song it's a sure and certain sign to keep moving because fiddles are on the way. I"m pretty sure MCC has been on Hee Haw several times or should've been.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that anonymous comment was me I messed up trying to sign it.

The Evans Family said...

Hi Kristina! I found your blog on Facebook. Your 9th grade basketball picture brought back memories...I miss the skinny legs too!