Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEARS !!!

WooHoo! No snow pictures this blog!!

This looks like an exciting New Years Eve celebration, doesn't it? We weren't there. We were at home with our friends the DeCicco's (sans Baby G who was visiting grandparents). While the Wii activity was bordering on racous at times, it was still pretty low key. And to show how unenthused we all were about the changing of a date, we didn't even stop our game of Clue when the ball dropped, though we did all guess at that point.

We watched Dick Clark. Its time for him to retire. I also know I'm old when I no longer recognize any of the famous teeny-boppers on there. There seems to be a gap somewhere between Nirvana and Handy Manny that's lost on us.

We had a good time with the DeCicco's but New Year's always puts such a kink in my sleep schedule. Course, I was in bed by 12:22. Still, I was all discombobulated for 3 days...again, all for the sake of the changing of a date which will like me mess me up for the next month anyway anytime I go to write it.

Sunday we went with Jose and Sara to the Oregon Ducks basketball game vs. No. 12 UCLA. Here's our seats...note the rafter. Course, the tickets were free so no complaints here.

Here's an Oregon player shooting a free throw. It was probably a miss. Most of their free throws were.
That doesn't mean the Oregon fans weren't still into it, especially since Oregon put on a nice little run in the 2nd half.
The best part of the day had to be all the healthy food we ate:
Breakfast - German Pancake (thanks honey!)
Lunch - Hot Dog and Nachos
Dinner - KFC
We're shopping for the defribulator later this week.
In other exciting news (to me at least), I found this classic MCC clip on YouTube. This is her performance at the 1990 CMA awards. The subject of the song was likely in the audience. Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvPnNcOz64w

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I've watched your MCC video, and that was a clever song. She seems very talented, but now that's two country music songs I've listened to based on your recommendation. It's official MCC is a country music singer. You are in denial about MCC and it's time to accept she is all country all the time.

I like how at the end they showed audience members, but one woman was identified with a caption "K.T." something or other starting with and "O". You can tell me her name but that doesn't mean I know who she is. lqtm