Sunday, January 11, 2009

Do YOU have to go pee pee?

Yes, we're working diligently on Siena's potty training. That involves plopping her on the toilet every hour on the hour. For some reason, sitting in wet, sogging britches doesn't phase her. This is how a typical conversation with Siena regarding whether or not she needs to go pee pee goes:

Me: Siena, do you need to go pee pee?

Siena: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Remember, every time you go pee pee in the potty you get a piece of candy...

Siena: I ready go pee pee now...

In other bad influences, here's the kids this week at YaYa and Papa Ron's house. Apparently there was a lot of wetness involved which was encouraged by said Grandparents. At least mom invested in some boots, not that that kept the kids any drier but whatever...

A boy and his dump truck. That's his new coat that Gloria gave him. He likes it because it's yellow like Mama's coat.
Siena needs no encouragement to get wet.
Those Tonka's are burly dump trucks.
A girl and water...Anne Geddes can't even dream up this stuff...
Jose turned 57 yesterday (Saturday). As my mother informed me, he shares a birthday with Toby the dog. Probably not a fact Jose wants to know. My niece Tristyn is below with friend of the Cruz family Carmen. In the background is Junior, Facebooks newest member. Peer pressure is brutal!
Our 2 nieces - Kendra and Tristyn. Tristyn is wearing one of Siena's baby shirts. Its fun for me to see Siena's old clothes again. At least they can get some use!
Jose and the Grandkids. Andre is the one showboating in back. The kid has some Broadway flair!
Not sure what's up with the "?"...is there some dispute over his age? Hummm.....
Attack of the grandkids!!!! You can't even imagine all the places frosting can be crammed!
The only thing that can get all of the kids seated together in one place is cake. There's the Broadway showboater again!
Ever popular at Cruz family functions is the music! Its Hispanic, loud, and festive. Here's Siena tearing it up with Kendra and her friend.
In other news, I feel no need to prove that Mary Chapin Carpenter isn't country. She certainly was in her earlier years and had her biggest hits on the country charts. Nothing wrong with that. However, here's a clip of recent MCC, circa 2004: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0HR8B8GsMs
In yet further news, I've come to the realization that I still can't peel an orange without making an enormous juicy mess. I believe that skill is a prerequisite to successful parenting. Is there a class on this I can take!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you did that to me again. You can't be so far in denial about MCC. I mean, really, they had a fiddle! A fiddle! It's country music!

Ron Torland said...

Okay, I've got to weigh in on this MCC issue. I admit I'm a fan, although not to the extreme of dayzdtomato, and yes, she's country--most of the time. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But as a sample of a non-country song, this last one dayzd offered up is not a good example. I mean, it not only had fiddles, it had a steel guitar! Try this one: "Only a Dream". And no, it's not 10 minutes long, the last seven minutes are blank. No fiddles, no steel guitar...promise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41thd0IrFs&feature=related