Sunday, August 3, 2008

Its an American Institution!!

A day at the county fair and a baseball game. It doesn't get much more all-American. And in case that weren't enough, we've instituted dinner at the dining room table (due to an update I received this week on the benifits of such habits per scientific studies) and I joined Facebook. I don't know why I did so or what relevance it has to this blog but thought I'd add that little tidbit.

Anyway, we started out the day at the Clark County fair! It was cold and cloudy to start but the sun burned off and the rides revved up!

I sat this one out. First of all, it was right after we ate lunch. Second, it was spinning tea cups. Not a good combination. Besides, someone had to take the pictures.









Mason was thrilled to see the plethora of car rides at the fair. And he took said rides so seriously that he made sure that he properly steered each car so it would not go off track. I've never seen him so focused.



Car ride #2. As opposed to the previous car ride, Mason as concentrated at keeping this steering wheel pointed to the right...


Luis with his boobs...oops, I mean balloons (kids on ride in background).





So in case a day at the fair wasn't enough, we thought we'd throw in a Beavers baseball game. The highlight for the Cruz kids was seeing this Herbie modified truck en route to the ballpark.




The Cruz gang at the ballpark...



Below: self-portrait w/ me honey


You might be asking how do you get 2 toddlers to settle down for a baseball game...popcorn.











Here's how I get through a baseball game...




Nannies...she's too cute for her own good...


And since a fair, baseball game, and popcorn aren't enough, why not top it off with some cotton candy...












Aaahhh yeah. That's some good stuff.







And so is this...


It was a good day. I'm tired.

No comments: