Sunday, August 24, 2008

Busted Chandeliers and Egregious Misspellings

Before I dive into this post, apparently I had not one but TWO family name misspellings in last weeks post. Look, I am very busy and can't be troubled with things like proper name spelling... . Anyway, great grandma Torland was Helena SyRena Olina Svehaug and apparently little Mr. Evans' name is spelled BerrEn. The Dayzdtomato blog staff sends its profound apologies to all impacted.

Moving on, today is our (that would be Luis and me) 6th wedding anniversary. If you're into numbers, here's a few more fun statistics...in October we will have been together 10 years. We were 22 when we met, I was 25 and Luis 26 when we were married. And, as you will see in the following pictures, we were not only younger by 5-10 years, we were also about 20 lbs. lighter.

This is Luis a month or two after we started dating. When I saw this picture today, my first thought was who is that kid?
Luis and I...the dating years...

You'd think a Puerto Rican boy would have a little bit of a tan, wouldn't you? Well now you know why the serving staff at El Tapatio is so shocked when he starts speaking Spanish to them...

Note: Wedding pictures below courtesy of our photographer David Barss. God forbid I get sued 4 months into my blogging career.

Anyway, Luis and I call this his "GQ" picture. Oh yeah, he's hot.

I've always liked this one of ours. You can perfectly make out the contour of our noses...

The moment that sealed the deal:

Apparently we kept sealing the deal...

Not being one for mushiness, I won't start here. However, its been a great 6 years and I enjoy every day with my best friend.


So, you might be wondering how Luis and I might choose to spend our time together celebrating our 6th anniversary (or you might not, but regardless, that's about all I have to write about this weekend). Mason and Siena spent Friday night with Ya Ya and Papa Ron because Luis and I had one of our most important Saturday's of the year: Fantasy Football Draft.

Here's what a draft cheatsheet looks like by the end of the event:

Only time will tell how the Boricuas fare this year.

Last night we went out to dinner together (woah, that doesn't happen very often anymore) and then to see The Phantom of the Opera. It was my third time seeing the show and Luis' first. I'm glad to say that as reluctant as Luis may have been going into it, he enjoyed the show (I loved it of course but that's a given).

This is how we spent today, our actual anniversary. Yes, that is our laundry that needed to be folded. Ugh.


But don't think that the kids didn't have a nice weekend. Mason and Siena had a great time playing at Ya Ya and Papa Ron's house Friday and yesterday. Again, Mason took his Chevy pedal car with him and honed his mechanical skills in Papa Ron's garage. I'm not kidding. He literally puts his car up on a jack and makes repairs and adjustments meticulously. Whose kid is this?!?



As the weekend comes to a close so does the Olympics. I am sad. We've watched as much as humanly possible. Luis and I have adopted our Olympic "boyfriends" and "girlfriends" that we will now have to break up with - my Olympic boyfriend was Troy Dumais, the US springboard diver; Luis' Olympic girlfriend was the Swedish 110m hurdle girl who bit it on the first hurdle of her heat (clearly he wasn't into her for her athletic prowess). Well, I guess Mason and I won't have to battle for the tv in the evenings anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. That was a great trip down memory lane. Those were great pictures of your wedding. You both looked so young. Not "so" young like too young just young, you know, in comparison to now. So more younger than "young" if you take my meaning.