Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Dark Knight Conquers Mount Wannahockaloogie

This week was much more tame than last week. I can't be expected to make a bridge jump every week, can I? In fact, I don't even have pictures for this week. Sad but true. Instead, the reader gets the 10 highlights of the week (good and bad)! Note that these are in no particular order or excitement.

1) Someone in our household received a $200+ photo speeding ticket, and it wasn't Luis.

2) The scale said that I lost 6 pounds in the last month.

3) Luis overcooked some pork.

4) Listened in on the Cadence earnings call (see previous "Hostility" post below for reference) with a large group of co-workers and our company president. They severely lowered their earnings projection for the year and one analyst even went so far as to ask the CEO if he was the right man to run the company. Our reaction to said call was akin to a barroom full of rowdy Red Sox fans cheering, hooting, and hollering.

5) Watched Handy Manny 38 times.

6) Turned "green" and began carpooling.

7) Ran 9 miles in 2 days.

8) Bought 3 necklaces and 3 pairs of earrings while shopping with Siena. I had a realization earlier in the week that not only did I have little jewelry that the kids haven't broken, the jewelry that remained was about 6 years out of style.

9) Overplucked right eyebrow.

10) Saw the new Batman movie in IMAX with the DeCicco's. Said movie is HIGHLY recommended. It was one of the best movies I've seen in the last year and Heath Ledger is amazing as the Joker.

**Note to those who may or may not be wondering what the hell Mount Wannahockaloogie is...just ask any toddler wearing a Nemo t-shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! The batman people wouldn't take my calls. I had some great ideas too. Jerks.

Anonymous said...

Your eyebrow listing just about killed me. That, and the ticket.