Sunday, December 18, 2011

And a Ho Ho Ho!

First off, these is my first batch of pictures with our new camera.  I am pleased so far.  Last Saturday we went to my parents for our annual Christmas Vacation viewing.  Mom had some cookies ready for frosting so we settled in for some good decorating before dinner.
Mason did good work with his tree.
And Siena with her Santa.  If she looks like she just had an espresso, this was about the 4th attempt at a picture of her with numerous blinks.  She's trying to keep her eyes open.
The finished product.  Now, a week later, they have all disappeared.
Luis wasn't so much into decorating cookies but he did enjoy Yaya's new computer.  And believe it or not, I actually got an email from my mom this week!  First time ever!
We learned in the most unfortunate way that my mom's plates don't enjoy sitting in her oven at 350 degrees.  Those white cracks are not supposed to be there.
Speaking of mom, here she is making our pounded chicken dinner.  A family favorite.
My folks picked up Christmas Vacation in Blu Ray which was actually pretty cool.  For a movie we've all seen so many times, we were actually able to see details we'd never noticed before.  And of course mom and I laughed in all the usual places.

I went to San Francisco Sunday night for the annual SEC reporting conference we go to.  The highlight of this trip is staying at the Ritz Carlton and curling up in the evening in the Ritz robe.  I got back Tuesday night though so it was a nice quick trip.

Yesterday was Siena's winter dance recital.  I'll post the video as soon as the producer has finished his editing.

Here's Siena with her good pal Alyssa in their dance costumes after the performance.  All the girls did great and were super cute!
Siena's little cousin Tristyn came to the recital to cheer on Siena.  I think she enjoyed seeing Siena up on stage.
The kids with the Grandma's after the show.
Today was much lazier.  I kicked out Luis and the kids for a couple hours this afternoon so I could wrap gifts.  Other than that, we've watched a lot of football.  Unless Boldin plays the game of his life tonight, it'll be the end of the season for our joint team, Bonnie & Clyde.

I'm off work for the next 2 weeks to relax and have fun with the kids.  We have some fun outings planned and we're all excited.

Happy holiday week!

No comments: