Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Catch-Up Blog

As mentioned in my last blog post, I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Nashville.  As the visit was to attend a conference for work, my days were pretty well occupied but I had a chance to spend the evenings taking in some of the sights.  I ate a lot of bbq one night in downtown Nashville while listening to live music.  I also went to the Grand Ole Opry, where I got to meet country singer Terri Clark.  If you aren't familiar with Terri Clark's music, you ought to be.  She's great!

There were some amazing performances on this night.  Performing were The White Sisters, Little Jimmy Dickens, Terri Clark, Larry Gatlin, Charlie Daniels Band, and Rascal Flatts w/ unexpected guest Vince Gill who came on stage to invite them to be Opry members.  The picture below is from Rascal Flatts performance.  It is an amazing venue and one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

We didn't do much last weekend so there wasn't a whole lot to blog about.

This Friday, I took the day off from work (in large part because it was my birthday and because I needed to use a vacation day) so Mom and I went shopping.  Friday evening was the big Tualatin vs. Tigard game.  We met the Tualatin tailgaters at a Mexican restaurant before the game and then made our way to the packed house.

Having attended both schools, this was my first time on the visitors side at Tigard's stadium but that had no bearing on my loud cheering for Trav's Timberwolves.  My cousin Amanda made Team Travis t-shirts for the bunch of us that show up for all the games.  Siena's sporting hers as she takes in the game with Papa Ron.
A shot of our section of the bleachers.  A lot of family was there.  In a dayzdtomato version of Where's Waldo, see if you can spot Mason, Mary Lou, Mom, Joanne, Amanda, Tyson, and Doug.
Saturday was the usual, including Siena's dance class.  This pose made me realize that Siena has outgrown this dress.
The rest of the weekend was pretty low key as I'm trying to get over a cold.  The kids went to their cousin Andre's birthday party yesterday and we're heading out for some German food tonight (my b-day choice).

No comments: