Sunday, October 24, 2010

Meet My Daughter: Ramona Quimby

For a weekend with nothing planned, we sure were busy. Saturday. Pumpkin carving day. With Mason's gigantic pumpkin, this was no small task.
You've gotta get creative when cutting the lid. Herbie anyone?

Siena opted for 2 small pumpkins this year rather than one large one. The boy pumpkin is on the left and the girl on the right.

Mason's pumpkin was inspired by Chick Hicks. See the resemblance?
We also worked to finish up Mason's airplane costume. Pictures of the final product to come on the Halloween blog.
Some little girl today decided to cut her pretty bangs that we have spent the last 6 months growing out. Just when they were about long enough to go behind her ears, she got her hands on some scissors and the idea in her head to give herself a bit of a trim.
After sending her to a timeout to consider the error of bad haircuts, I found Tommy napping next to the evidence. He looks guilty, doesn't he.
Mad though I was at the time, it was hard to stay mad at her as she was telling me through crocodile tears I just wanted short hair!
Here's the finished product.
Not only did the antic remind me of something my favorite childhood character Ramona would have done, but now Siena even looks a bit like Ramona!
While Siena was giving herself the haircut of doom, I was making sure the kids had the proper music on the ipod to give them the necessary history and appreciation of music. It's important that kids learn the right music at a young age. In that vein, we've included:
Rock Around the Clock - Bill Haley and the Comets
Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
La Bamba - Ritchie Valens
Runaround Sue - Dion
It's My Party - Leslie Gore
Dancing Queen - ABBA
99 Red Balloons - Nena
I Love Rock & Roll - Joan Jett
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Eternal Flame - The Bengals
We Built This City - Starship
Ghostbusters Theme Song
I'm sure Papa Ron is both proud and disgusted at this list!
Mason's already getting his Jerry Lee Lewis on!

3 comments:

Papa Ron said...

Ah, there were many more reasons to be proud of your list than disgusted. Thanks for including Dion, my personal hero.

cousin Craig said...

I assume your playlist is intended to discourage overuse of the IPod. Good news kids next year Kris can start adding songs from this decade to your IPod!

cousin Craig said...

I did notice Ramona's bangs are somewhat straighter.