Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunny Days

I know I missed posting last weekend.  My 2 followers must be concerned.

Last weekend was plenty busy.  Siena had dance on Saturday morning as usual.  Then I met my good friend Sarah for our sometimes monthly coffee date.  Weeds were pulled.  We all had worked up a pretty good appetite by dinner and were ready to try someplace new.  Our neighbor suggested we check out the carts on 43rd and Belmont (one block from Movie Madness).  It was like stepping into an episode of Portlandia, albeit a tasty one, with dreadlocks, Birkenstocks, and knitted hats galore!
There are various food carts and good eats galore!  Even spinny chairs!
We all tried something different.  The kids opted for the sushi and had it gobbled up by the time Luis and I had gotten our food.
I got the calamari sandwich, topped with coleslaw.  Yes, it was as amazing as it looks.  Luis had some sort of Asian Mexican fusion.
There were many more carts that we wanted to try but for me, none more than this one which was unfortunately closed on this day.  Why yes, that sign does read "Viking Soul Food".  Bring on the lefsa.  We'll be returning.
After a rainy week, we received a visitor from a long lost friend this weekend:

Both kids have recently mastered riding their bikes on 2 wheels so yesterday we went for a family bike ride on the newly finished Trolley Trail not far from our house.  It's an old trolley line that has been paved over to make a pedestrian walkway/bike path.  We rode down to a neighborhood park, played a bit, and headed back.  It took a couple of hours and the kids got tired but it was so nice to be out.  Oh, and I got a sunburn of course.

Today we had the Cruzes over to celebrate Gloria's birthday.  Luis barbecued and the kids played in the yard while we enjoyed being out on the deck.  Admittedly I didn't take enough pictures this weekend but it was just so nice being outside and soaking up the vitamin D that I didn't bother to grab the camera for once.

No comments: