Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Happy first day of spring! Mason's basketball ended a couple of weekends ago. He got a medal and a cupcake to cap off a good season. It's amazing to see what he was able to do this year compared to last season. There was no practicing in the interim. Just typical growth and development.
Mason's friend Evan was in basketball with him. Evan's parents are friends with Jose and Gloria. Mason and Evan were in daycare together for a couple years at Gloria's.
Last Saturday Mason had his first sleepover ever at someone's house that wasn't a grandparent. His friend from school, Aiden, was having a Star Wars slumber party. Mason was ecstatic about this party for weeks leading up to it. Of course, on the morning of, apprehension set in when he realized that he would be there without me. After hours of convincing him that he would be fine, an hour before he came around to the ecstatic state again.
We weren't sure if he would be fine staying all night so Aiden's mom had all of our various phone numbers. I brought the cell phone in with me at bedtime. However, the phone remained silent. Mason did great!
In other news, I decided that running an 8k in the rain on the Sunday morning of the daylight savings change would be a good idea. It was a good run though the weather was terrible. My time was a minute slower than last year which was a bummer. I'll just have to keep at it this spring.
My cousin Judy was visiting last weekend from Montana. I haven't seen Judy in at least 11 years. The last time was at Grandma's funeral. Course I somehow managed to not get her in a picture. Maybe 11 years from now I'll get another chance!
I did get a nice shot of my mom and Aunt Lucie.
And the kids entertained themselves with Uncle Ron and a bunch of red cups.
Luis caught the kids and I snuggling one night last week. It may be time for a bigger chair.
A teenage friend at Gloria's curled Siena's hair one afternoon last week. Meet Farrah Siena!
Mason wanted in on the picture action. No, he's not swinging a bat. That's a light sabre.
I got an unexpected email on Wednesday from one of the partners at Isler, the accounting firm I used to work for. They asked if I wanted to make a little extra cash helping them with tax returns on Saturdays. Despite the fact that I haven't done a tax return in the 4 years since leaving there, they offered up some decent money so yesterday I went back to tax season. I have this week off from my real job or I probably wouldn't have agreed to work the extra Saturdays. However, this week should give me time to rest up after a busy stretch at Mentor. Plus having some extra money will be nice.
Today I took the kids to Washington Park for our Sunday walk/day out of the house. We went first to the rose gardens but they're a couple months from being in bloom. We'll have to come back in June.
Washington Park has a great playground though so the kids went down there and played for a while. At least until it started raining. Again. Did I mention it's rained every day for what feels like the last 6 months?

The kids were playing "ship" on the big play structure. I'm not sure of the details but Mason must have been the captain as he was barking out instructions to Siena the whole time. She was happy enough about it though.

No comments: