Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Day of School!

Its official! Mason is a kindergartner. Thursday was his very first day of school and he was soooooooo excited. Of course, we took the token first day of school picture.

Both Thursday and Friday went great. Mason had such a good time that he didn't even want to come home. At least we could assure him that he would be coming back.

When Luis and I went to pick him up Friday, his teacher asked Luis if Mason's hearing was okay. Luis assured her that yes, it is (he had it tested a week ago and came out a-ok), Mason just has a case of shy selective listening. At the time she was calling his name, it was actually to congratulate him on being good. He still ignored her. That's my boy!

I took Thursday and Friday off from work for the sake of having a little down time after getting the 10Q filed. It was nice relaxing for a few days. Course, last night I relaxed a little too much and had a bit too much wine with the Cruzes. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

We watched a lot of football this weekend. Jury's still out on how are fantasy teams will fare. We're in the midst of a couple of barn burners that won't be decided until Monday Night.

Mason has also become hooked on going on walks. I always invite Siena but she's happier staying at home coloring and watching Strawberry Shortcake. Both yesterday and today Mason and I went down to Elk Rock which is a little island park about a mile from our house. It has a natural land bridge from the shore to the island and a few nice little trails to walk along. Mason is hooked. He wants to go hiking and walking all the time now.

Movies Cousin Craig Will Never See Weekly Review Section:

The reason Cousin Craig will never see these movies is his preoccupation with watching anime, fantasy, and sci fi. I can review all of those in one swoop - they all get an F.

Sadly, we watched too much football and haven't finished any movies since last weekend. More reviews next week though as we're almost through one.

1 comment:

cousin Craig said...

Congrats on starting school Mason! Plenty of good times ahead. I think after 5th grade you get a .22 rifle and a pony. I can't be sure. That's how it was when I was in school, but maybe things have changed. I don't think I'd bother if they didn't give out the rifle and pony, but I'm pretty sure that's still part of the deal.