Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kinney Picnic 2009

Today was the first Kinney family picnic in at least a decade. We used to have the big family picnic every summer, usually at different parks around town. However, since Grandma Kinney passed away 9 years ago, we just haven't done the picnic. Mom decided though that this year was the year and organized & hosted the party at her place.

The sign looked a lot better earlier in the day (I actually took this as we were leaving).
The official commemorative cake.
As in years past, there has never been a shortage of food. This was just one table...
The hostess herself. I'm sure she will not be pleased that I included this photo so lets focus on her lovely new juice dispenser.
Mom and Siena with Mom's brother Leonard.
Mason plopped his favorite Cars chair in the shade. He insisted on bringing this chair an even decorated it with stickers this morning for the event.
More fun with color settings on the camera. I wish I had discovered this feature months ago!
This sepia picture had potential had the sun not been behind the lovely couple.
This is my cousin Denise and her husband Sabah. They made the trip from Michigan to attend this year's picnic.
The Betty's! On the left is my cousin Betty. She is the second oldest of the 20 grandkids (she missed being the oldest by 1 day). To her right is Betty Eggert. Betty is a sister to my aunts Lucie and Jean, both of whom married my mom's brothers.
Ron and Lucie. In keeping with the documentation of the Kinney family tree, Ron is mom's brother.
Yaya and her Nannies.
The Kinney sisters - Annette and Jan.
Dad just recently got his tractor fixed up and painted. It looks so darn good now that I don't think he can use it for work anymore.
Mason's willing to take it out for a spin though.
This is my cousin Betty again with her significant other of 3 years, Jay.
Mason again. He's just everywhere!
Walt, Leonard, and Nadeen. Nadeen is the oldest child of my great aunt Edna. Edna and my grandma Kinney were sisters. We hadn't seen Nadeen in years so it was neat that she and her daughters and granddaughters were able to come.
There's that Mason boy again. This time with his favorite dog Toby.
The hostess with the mostess!
Miss Stephanie. This is Mason's girlfriend for this week. Stephanie is my cousin Denise's daughter.
From left, husband (whose name I've already forgotten) of Ethel Marie (Grandma Kinney's cousin), Walt, Delaney (Larry's wife), and my cousin Larry.
I'm still trying to figure out what look Walt was going for here with his pants...
Me and my Bubbas...
Siena had a creative way of wearing her name tag. 25 points if you can find it...
Papa Ron. The official landscape artist of the picnic.
Uncle Ron and Sabah...taking it all in.
It was a great picnic. If anyone knows how to host a family function, its my mom. Every family needs the one member who keeps everyone together. In years past it was Grandma Kinney. Since Grandma passed away, I think my mom has done a fantastic job of stepping into that role and keeping the family together. She's a natural and we all really appreciate her efforts!

2 comments:

pippys travels said...

Great picnic, very glad to have been able to go...next time don't show how many fat rolls I have,lol...

cousin Craig said...

Jan's drink dispenser looks daunting. How many huge pitchers of pink stuff does it take to fill that thing? She was barely started filling it and Jan already looked exhausted. I recommend you get one of those cleaning attachments for your garden hose. Fill it with Kool-Aid concentrate and insulin then hose down your guests with refreshment!